Langtang Gosainkunda Trek will surprise you with its colorful and diverse landscapes in northern belt of himalaya with gorgeous valleys of Langtang region.Even for one day, you will be able to visit both the hot tropical jungle and the desert highlands walk among the perennial snowfields. The turquoise smooth surface of the lakes and the clouds passing below cannot even be compared with the photos that you have ever seen. Rhododendric blooming forests, ferns thickets, exotic birds and funny monkeys will decorate our route. And so far Langtang Trek is not so difficult, its moderate. And acquaintance with the local population and its religion will add a unique highlight to the general impressions of the trip to Nepal.
On the trek along the Langtang valley you will not meet crowds of tourists, such as in more popular trekking tours to Everest or Annapurna . Gosainkunda is a holy lake; a pilgrimage site for both Buddhists and Hindus and at every year during Janai Purnima in August, hundreds of Hindu pilgrims visit the same lake for a holy bath. There are always free places in the lodges, which is good news. Indeed, in the Himalayas go for peace of mind, leaving behind the bustle and tiring everyday life. ” Kyangjin Ri” is view point of which greets with spectacular views of Lirung, Dorje Lakhpa, Ganesh Himal, Mt. Shishapangma and other peaks bordering with Tibet.
Langtang Gosainkunda Trek Highlights :
- Scenic drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubeshi via mountain terrain
- Explore Kyanjin Gompa, an old Buddhist shrine
- Panoramic view of Mt. Langtang-ri, Langsisa, Langtang Himal, Ganjala peak, Mt. Shishapangma and other peaks bordering with Tibet.
- Hike through lush forests, quaint villages, abundant wildlife and astounding views of the majestic Himalayas.
- Visit holy lake Gosaikunda (4460m)
- Climb one of the Himalayan peaks of the Tsergo Ri (5050 m) or Kjagnzhin Ri (4773 m)
- See one of the most picturesque valleys of Nepal – Langtang
- Try real yak cheese
- Walk along the long and high overhead bridge over the gorge
- Get to know the wild jungle and its inhabitants
- Visit the most important sacred sites of the Nepalese – a complex of temples Pashupatinath and Swayambhunath stupa.
- Enjoy the landscapes of the snowy peaks of the highest mountain system of our planet.