Island peak is renowned for splendid entry into Himalayan climbing. Imja Tse was previously named “Island Peak” as it appears like island in a sea of ice when observed from Dingboche. It is popular mountaineering program in Nepal as ascending the Island Peak is comparatively easier than other expeditions- a perfect introduction to full alpine mountaineering. This tour is suitable for climbers without previous experience of climbing on snow and ice. This trip offers remarkable views of Himalayas in the Khumbu Region including the (Mt. Everest 8848m), Mt. Nuptse (7,855m), Lhotse (8,516m);The views of Makalu 8,475m in the east, Baruntse (7,720m), and Mt. Amadablam (6,856m) in the south add more charm for climbing this peak.
Our journey begins with an adventurous flight to Lukla and goes all way long to classic Everest base camp trekking route – Phakding, Namche, Tengboche, Dingboche followed by quaint villages of Sherpa community, lush vegetation and verdant forest. On taking right turn to Chhukung and climb to Chhukung Ri which aids acclimatization. Upon arrival at base camp, we organize refreshment climbing training covering climbing techniques, glacier travel, rope fixing, ascending, descending, safety techniques to ensure successful summit to Island Peak. After scaling the summit we return to Lukla via Namche and return to Kathmandu via scenic flight.
Highlights of Island Peak Climbing :
- Astounding views of the Himalayas.
- Scenic flight to Lukla.
- Exhilarating climbing experience in Khumbu Region.
- Excellent views of Mt. Everest, Ama Dablam, Nuptse, Pumori, Chagatse, and Lhotse.
- Explore Tengboche monastery.
- Outstanding View of Lho Glacier and Nup Glacier
- Khumbu Glacier and Khumbu Icefall.
- Explore Sherpa villages and discover their culture and lifestyle.
- Sightseeing around the Kathmandu Valley including UNESCO world heritage sites.