Everest Base Camp with Gokyo Chola pass is a wonderful journey in Khumbu region with magnificent view of the Ngozumpa Glacier and mountain peaks. The most significant features of trek via Gokyo Lake – the view of tremendous ice ridge between Cho Oyu , and Gyachung glacier and the emerald green lake itself. Moreover, Gokyo Ri (5483m) above Gokyo Lake offers spectacular views of four peaks above eight thousand Mt. Cho-Oyo (8201m), Mt. Everest (8848m), Mt. Lhotse (8501m), Mt. Makalu (8463m) etc.
We begin our journey with a scenic and adventurous flight to Lulka. The desending trails along Dudh Koshi River takes us to Pakhding and then to Namche. Namche Bazzar is well known as “The Gateway To Everest” and is famous for mountains view along with the market there. Hotel Everest View at this venue offers the entire panoramic view of Everest massif. As we follow the trails, a junction divides our path; one (left) leads to the Gokyo Valley and other (right) to Everest Base Camp. We pass through abundant forests, waterfalls and suspension bridges to reach Gokyo valley after crossing Gokyo Ri and dangerous moraines of Ngozumpa Glacier. We also experience the culture and civilization of Sherpa people and enjoy beautiful scenery of nearby enormous mountain peak and Gokyo lake. We trek through Cho La pass (5,367m/17,604 ft) to reach Dzongla and move along Kala Patthar leaving behind Lobuche to reach Everest Base Camp.
Highlights of Gokyo Chola Pass Trek:
- Scenic and adventurous flight to Lukla.
- Experience the exhilarating treks to Everest Base Camp with Gokyo and Cho La pass.
- Amazing view of emerald green lake with its surrounding.
- Spectacular views of Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Pumori.
- Closure to Ama Dablam and Island peak from Kalapattar.
- Encounter monasteries and learn Buddhist culture.
- Lead by experienced guides who have stood on the summit of Everest and other 8000 meters peaks.
- Sightseeing around the Kathmandu Valley including UNESCO world heritage sites.