Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a world-renowned trek, located in the lap of the Annapurna Himalayas surrounded by Annapurna range, Dhaulagiri range and Mt. Machhapuchhre (Fishtail) dominatating the skyline above Pokhara. The trek routes through scenic villages, verdant forest of oak, bamboo, pine and rhododendron and guarentees spectacular views of the giant snow-peaks- Annapurna I (8019m), Annapurna III (7555m), Gangapurna (7454m) and Machhapuchchhre (6999m). This trek enables us to tie-up with locals intimately and experience their cultural hospitality.
We begin our trip with a scenic drive to Pokhara. We hike along Tikhe Dhunga and Ghorepani to arrive at popular sunrise and sunset view point “Poon hill” offering spectacular views of Himalayas. We weave our routes on descending trails passing through waterfalls, suspension bridges and couple of ascends and descends to reach Chhomrong followed by the spectacular and tranquil landscapes, charming Gurung and Magar villages, lush vegetation to our ultimate destination, Annapurna Base Camp at the height of 4130m (13546ft.)
Highlights of Extended Annapurna Base Camp Trek :
- Moderate trek in Annapurna Region.
- Sensational views of Himchuli, Annapurna South, Annapurna III, Gandharvachuli and Gangapurna.
- Trek through lush rhododendron forests, mountain villages.
- Encounter monasteries, temples and stunning landscapes.
- Unobstructed sunrise and sunset view over the Himalayas from Poon Hill.
- Enjoy the evening at hot spring delight with views of waterfalls, landscapes and surrounding.
- Familiar with locals intimately and experience their cultural hospitality of Gurung and the Magar Community.
- Sightseeing around the Kathmandu Valley including UNESCO world heritage sites.