Everest Base Camp Trek via jiri is the classic route to Everest Base Camp before Lukla Airport was opened. This route was traversed by many expeditions to climb the mountains of Khumbu region with Mt. Everest at its apex. This trek enables us to experience an unbeatable combination of natural and cultural beauty. We follow trails through verdant forest, abundant wildlife, glaciers and suspension bridge to witness glorious mountain views of Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Cho-Oyu, Makalu, Nuptse and Ama Damlam. This trek from is strenuous and lengthy as it involves a tremendous amount of up-and-down walking.
We begin our trip with with 7 hour drive from Kathmandu to reach Jiri. We then trek the following route to reach Namche ( Jiri – Deurali – Sete -Junbesi – Nunthala- Kharikhola – Puiyan – Phakding – Namche). The beautiful farmlands, lush landscapes, stunning waterfalls, pine and rhododendron forests we pass by on the route are amazing which leads us to Namche. Namche Bazaar is the largest settlement area with big market where we take a day off to acclimatize. We visit Tengboche Monastry and this place guarantees magnificent views of are Everest (8848m), Cho Oyo (8152m), Lhotse (8516m), Makalu (8463m) and AmaDablam (6456m), Thamserkku and many other surroundings mountain. We then trek to Dingboche, Lobuche and Gorak Shep to reach Everest Base Camp. We get closure to Ama Dablam and Island peak from Kalapattar while returning. We fly back from lukla to end our journey.
- Trek through beautiful farmlands, lush landscapes, stunning waterfalls, pine and rhododendron forests
- Experience the exhilarating treks to Everest Base Camp
- Spectacular views of Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Pumori,
- Closure to Ama Dablam and Island peak from Kalapattar.
- Encounter monasteries and learn Buddhist culture.
- Lead by experienced guides who have stood on the summit of Everest and other 8000 meters peaks.
- Sightseeing around the Kathmandu Valley including UNESCO world heritage sites.